LMFM’s sustainability efforts include:
- Improving Building Envelope: A tighter and more insulated envelope will reduce uncontrolled air movement in the building, reduce heating and cooling loads for all HVAC upgrades, and improve thermal comfort for residents.
- Reducing Water Usage: Low-flow toilets and fixtures decrease water consumption.
- Reducing Electricity Usage: LED lighting within the units and common areas decreases electricity consumption.
- Reducing Natural Gas Usage: Replacing gas dryers and cooking stoves and water heaters with electric ones decreases natural gas consumption.
- Utilizing Renewable Energy: Where feasible, LMFM will subscribe to local community solar programs that allow projects to benefit from discounted electricity rates while also helping to finance the development of solar projects.
- Implementing Building Systems: Where feasible, LMFM will implement real-time utility monitoring software to monitor and manage ongoing energy usage.